PURPOSE OF QUALIFICATION
The qualification provides learners with the opportunity to gain competence in poultry production, assisting them in running a successful poultry business and facilitating their ability to secure employment in the industry. For those who are already employed in a poultry production farm, the multi-skilling that the qualification offers will open a career path in the industry.
The qualification will allow learners to:
- Monitor and manage the poultry house environment
- Allocate and manage poultry feeding programmes
- Manage the bio-security programmes on the poultry farm
- Monitor the health of poultry
- Inspect, weigh and ensure that the poultry are within the required performance standards
- Compile records and construct basic graphs of growth, consumption and other statistics
- Perform farm management functions
The qualification will equip the learner with the necessary skills to manage a poultry production unit on a farm.