TERMS AND CONDITIONS 2015
1. These Terms and Conditions by AFGRI for the Vodacom Blue Bulls Jersey contests (hereinafter “the Competition”) that by entering into this competition, entrants will be deemed to have read and accepted these terms and conditions and agree to be bound by them. 1. Promoter The promoter of this competition is AFGRI.
2. ELIGIBLE ENTRANTS This Competition is open to South African residence only. The entrant acknowledges and agrees that his or her entry will not be obscene, defamatory, libellous, threatening, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or encouraging of conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, gives rise to civil liability, or violate any law.
3. ENTRY Entry into this competition is free of charge and fees and no purchase is necessary to enter this competition. Entrants bear no costs other than those incurred by connecting to the Internet (telephone and provider costs etc.) by participating in the competition. The competition opens on the 16th of November 2015 at 9AM and closes on the 19th of November 2015 at 12PM. In order to qualify for the prize, contestants need to LIKE the post & COMMENT the correct answer to the question on the competition post on AFGRI’s Facebook page.
4. PERFORMANCE AND PRIZE The winners will be selected by the AFGRI Digital Marketing Team (hereinafter “the team”). The team will choose the winner in their free discretion, based on the quality of the entries. Moreover, the winners will be notified via direct message from the team including further information. Before the prize can be sent to the winner he/she must submit his/her name, contact data and a copy of their identity card (all winners must have reached the legal age limit) to AFGRI within 24 hours after course of the dates cited above. Otherwise, their claim to the prize will be forfeited and a new winner will be selected. Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into. The decision is final. Participation via competition services is forbidden. AFGRI reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant it finds to be tampering or to have tampered with the competition or to be acting in violation of these Terms and Conditions. Prizes will be couriered to winners via courier with a tracking number.
5. DATA PROTECTION AFGRI will process no data of the entrants. Any personal data relating to the winners will be used solely in accordance with current data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the winner’s prior consent. The winners of this competition will have to submit personal information to AFGRI which form personal data according to the Data Protection Laws, especially – personal data of the identity card, e.g. name, date of birth and address – other contact details, e.g. E-Mail-address. The winner agrees that AFGRI collects, stores and processes the above mentioned personal data for the sole purpose of performing this competition, i.e. identifying the winners and submitting the prize to them. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. If a winner wishes specific information concerning the collection, storage or processing of his data or if he wishes to access, rectify, cancel or oppose that personal data, the winner shall contact AFGRI 6. Liability By entering this competition each entrant confirms that his/her entry is their wholly-owned creation and, to the extent that such entry makes use of any third party materials, that these have been fully cleared unless they are no longer protected by copyright or other intellectual property rights. Entrants will keep AFGRI harmless from any claims in relation to their entry that the entry infringes the personal or proprietary right of any other person. Competition entries, profiles, and photos and upon submission become the property of AFGRI and each entrant cedes any claims of ownership or rights therein upon submission of their entry into the Contest. All image intellectual and copyrights go entirely to AFGRI. Each entrant also confirms that anyone depicted in an entry has given their permission for the inclusion of their image in the entry and the use of the entry including their image by the entrant and the Promoter.
6.1 By participating in the Competition all participants and winners agree to be bound by these rules, which will be interpreted by the Organiser, in its sole discretion and its decision regarding any dispute will be conclusive, final and binding and will not be challenged on any grounds, including without limitation, the grounds that the Organiser failed to act reasonably, fairly, in good faith or otherwise in accordance with the principles of procedural fairness.
7.1 The decision of Organiser is final and Organiser shall not enter into any correspondence about the result. Organiser accepts no responsibility for entries lost, misdirected, illegible, late, mutilated or altered entries
7.2. Entries that do not comply with these terms and conditions will be disqualified.
7.3. Organiser shall not be liable for any disruption to the Competition, whether due to technical problems or otherwise, which is beyond its reasonable control. In the event of any disruption to the Competition the Promoter shall use its reasonable endeavours to remedy the disruption and resume the Competition on a fair and equitable basis to the Entrants.
7.4. By entering this Competition you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Any breach of the terms and conditions may, at Organiser’s absolute discretion, result in forfeiture of any prize.
8. PERSONAL DATA
8.1 You will be asked to provide your (full name,phone number. email address, and age and other related information; amongst others). The Organiser and its Organiser affiliate collect and will use your personal data listed hereby-in order to enable your participation in this Competition and related online activities. Your personal data will be available exclusively for the Organiser’s, its affiliates and subsidiaries’ marketing purposes and, by participating in the Competition, you expressly consent to the transfer, storage and processing of the data in South Africa. We keep it to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected or as required by applicable laws or regulations. We will not use your personal information for a different purpose without first asking your permission. We may share your personal information with any Organiser subsidiary worldwide, or with authorized third parties. We do not allow third parties to use your personal information for a different purpose.
9. OWNERSHIP AND PUBLICITY
9.1. The winner/s hereby agrees to allow the Organiser’s, to require the winner/s (at no fee) to be identified and a photographs taken and published in printed media, or to appear on radio and television,and various online channels when accepting their prize(s). All entries become the property of Organiser.
9.2. Details of the winner/s may also be announced on the Organiser’s website and any other media properties that it chooses. Organiser, acting reasonably, retains the right to delay the timing of the publication of the winners of the Competition. 9.3. By entering this, the Organiser reserves the right to communicate with you at any given time during and after the campaign and you may opt out or de-register at any time.
10.1 All Entrants and winners indemnify the Organiser, its advertising agencies, advisers, suppliers, and nominated agents against any and all claims, damages or loss howsoever arising, including but not limited to wilful misconduct or negligent act or omission arising from their participation in this Competition.
11. RELEASE OF LIABILITY
11.1. The Organiser reserves the right to terminate the Competition at any time.
11.2. Organiser cannot accept any responsibility for entries not received because they have been lost, or delayed in the post or not received due to interrupted Internet connections or miscommunications, or other electronic malfunctions or not received due to lost, late, mutilated, illegible, incomplete entries. Any entries found to be duplicate or fraudulent will result in the Entrant being excluded from the Competition. By participating, all Entrant’s release Organiser, its affiliates, partners, subsidiaries, officers, directors, agents, employees and all entities associated with the development and execution of this Competition from any and all liability with respect to and in any way arising from participation in this Competition, acceptance or use of prizes. Entrant’s also agree that Organiser, its affiliates, partners, subsidiaries, officers, directors, agents, employees and all entities associated with the development and execution of this Competition are not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to a Entrant’s or third person’s computer related to or resulting from the Competition, the submission and/or its prizes. Organiser is not liable for damage to a user’s computer system (including, without limitation, any server failure or lost, delayed or corrupted data or other malfunction) due, either directly or indirectly, to a entrant’s participation in the Competition or downloading of information in connection with the Competition. Organiser reserves the right to modify or cancel the Competition in the event that any portion of any website used to administer any aspect of the Competition becomes technically corrupted.
11.3. Organiser assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries. Organiser is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Organiser on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Entrant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Competition or downloading any materials in this Competition.
11.4. Entrant’s agree that Organiser and its subsidiaries (including the Organiser), as well as Organiser Corporation’s or its subsidiaries’ advertising and Competition agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents will have no liability whatsoever, and will be held harmless by winner(s) for any injuries, losses or costs or damage of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize or parts thereof, or from participation in this Competition.
11.5. Organiser’s entire liability and your sole and exclusive remedy will be limited to a distribution of the equivalent amount of prizes as set forth above. By participating in the Competition, you waive any and all rights to bring any claim or action related to such matters in any forum beyond one (1) month after the first occurrence of the kind of act, event, condition or omission upon which the claim or action is based.
12.1. This Competition is in no way organized, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to the Organiser and not to Facebook. The information you provide will be used for email/sms communications for future Competitions.
12.2. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Competition can be directed to the Organiser and not to Facebook. Instructions form part of the Terms and Conditions. Organiser reserves the right to change any of these terms and conditions at any time, without any notice being given to those participating.
IMPRINT Responsible for Content
Sugar The Agency
39 Churchill Road
KZN South Africa