Extension Services or
Lemang Training Farm: Vastfontein
Pretoria North, Plot 130 Alpha Road, Vastfontein
18 October 2021
PURPOSE OF COURSE
The course is intended for extension personnel or mentors in the development field, to apply the principles of extension management or mentorship. The learning will contribute to the qualitative development of learners by providing skills and knowledge of communication, project management and general extension management principles.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Extension officers
- Anyone in leadership
- Team leaders
Sound like the right course for you?
If you think this is the right course for you, you can easily enrol by filling in your details at the form at the link below.
*Please note that each course is dependant on a minimum of 15 students before commencement date.
MODULE 1: UNDERSTANDING MENTORSHIP
- Enhance the individual’s knowledge, skills, values and attitude in a selected career path
- Explain the concept of mentoring
- Describing the characteristics of a good mentor
- Explaining the importance of knowledge in mentoring
- Applying the skills and techniques required of a mentor
MODULE 2: APPLICATION OF THE FUNDAMENTALS
- Apply the fundamentals in the practice of mentorship or extension as a profession
- Factors influencing human behavior
- Credibility and accountability in mentorship
- Different mentorship or extension systems
MODULE 3: MENTORSHIP MANAGEMENT
- An understanding of the concepts of community development
- Basic knowledge of appropriate technology
MODULE 4: DEVELOP AND IMPLEMENT A MENTORSHIP PROGRAMME PLAN
- Assess the needs of the clients or farmers
- Develop mentorship solutions
- Plan mentorship interventions
- Implement extension plans