Lemang Training Farm: Vastfontein
Pretoria North, Plot 130 Alpha Road, Vastfontein
4 October 2021
PURPOSE OF QUALIFICATION
The course will provide the learners with the opportunity to gain competence in performing agricultural processes as applicable to Plant Production, i.e. Vegetables, Fruit Production, Hydroponics, Grains, etc.
On completion of the course learners should be able to understand the basic principles of agribusiness and good agricultural practices. Whilst technical production orientated competencies are ensured, other aspects such as agribusiness and good agricultural practices are included in the range of competencies required by farmers in order to enable learners to strive towards agricultural management standards and practices at higher levels.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- New Era Farmers
- Extension officers
- Anyone interested in agriculture
Sound like the right course for you?
If you think this is the right course for you, you can easily enrol by filling in your details at the form at the link below.
*Please note that each course is dependant on a minimum of 15 students before commencement date.
- Control pests, diseases and weeds on all crops effectively and responsibly
- Define and understand production systems and production management
- Understanding of plant propagation
- Harvest agricultural crops: Procedures
- Monitor the establishment of a crop
- Operate and maintain specific irrigation systems
- Understand basic soil fertility and plant nutrition