Lemang Training Farm: Vastfontein
Pretoria North, Plot 130 Alpha Road, Vastfontein
8 November 2021
PURPOSE OF QUALIFICATION
The course will provide learners with the opportunity to gain competence in being able to determine the most appropriate and sustainable use for different parts of the land. This includes supervising the comprehensive implementation and maintenance of the selected infrastructure and maintaining the most appropriate land use on a farm by continuously assessing the natural resource base.
Learners will also be taught the following important aspects of farm planning:
- Identify and use appropriate technology to determine sustainable farm layout and infrastructure placement
- Identify relevant service providers who can render specific services
- Research information relevant to the natural resources of a site
- Implement necessary conservation and natural resource management and harvesting practices
- Apply the principles of sustainability in terms of the layout and infrastructure placement in an agricultural context
- Gather intelligence, information and data related to production processes, technology and markets in agriculture
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Extension officers
- Anyone interested in agriculture
Sound like the right course for you?
If you think this is the right course for you, you can easily enrol by filling in your details at the form at the link below.
*Please note that each course is dependant on a minimum of 15 students before commencement date.
- Plan a farm and select a site
- Develop a production and strategic plan for the agricultural business