Lemang Training Farm: Vastfontein
Pretoria North, Plot 130 Alpha Road, Vastfontein
PURPOSE OF QUALIFICATION
The course will provide learners with the opportunity to gain competence in performing agricultural processes as applicable to both Plant and Animal Production.
On completion of the course, learners should be able to:
- Perform directed activities and take responsibility for the guiding others at lower level within a Mixed Farming context
- Have competency in a combination of the sub-fields of Plant and Animal Production as specified under Areas Of Specialisation (i.e. Small Stock, Large Stock as well as Vegetables, Fruit Production, Hydroponics, etc.)
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Extension officers
- Anyone interested in agriculture
- The establishment and monitoring of a crop
- Operating and identifying basic problems in hydroponic systems
- Production systems and production management
- Basic pig husbandry practices
- Dairy production cleanliness